Often seen in airports, a Travellator is a slow-moving conveyor mechanism that transports people across a horizontal or inclined plane over a short to medium distance. Moving walkways can be used by standing or walking on them. They are often installed in pairs, one for each direction.
The walkway has come a long way since then and has become a lot more prevalent in day to day use including being installed in malls and public spaces. This is an example of a product that has helped improve efficiency in daily lives.
Some of the reasons the travellator is attractive include:
- Ease of Use: The travellator is easy to embark and disembark. There is no added effort in getting on the walkway as it of the same height and easy to get off as the speeds are not very high. Further, travellators are equipped with moving safety handrails which make it easier to use.
- Speed Difference: If a person walls at 2mph, and the walkway moves at 2mph, they are effectively moving at 4mph without doing any extra work
Autowalk that doesn’t need a pit. Its revolutionary modular design makes it ideal for improving people flow in existing buildings. You can easily adjust the length, change the color, and reinstall the autowalk in another location.
The best part is you can customize your design and product specification as needed or as you like. Our general specifications are given below.
- Operational environment: Indoor
- Speed: 0.5, 0.65 m/s
- Inclination: 0º
- Step width: 1000, 1400 mm
- Length: up to 60 m
- The components traditionally placed in the pit have been moved to the balustrades
- The pallets lower themselves directly under the stepping surface instead of circling the entire truss to the bottom
- The modular design of the truss makes it simple to assemble and modify